Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version. dismiss

HomeGeneral

Anything related to NetworthShare, finance, investing, etc.

Has anyone every used Robinhood for buying stocks? 

Chrism32205

view Chrism32205's Portfolio
2/27/2018
Chrism32205
I've been in Robinhood for about 2 years (25k+ account size).. never had any issues, fees or real problems. I've contacted Customer service a few times and they usually respond within 24 hours.
link
HerEveryCentCounts

view HerEveryCentCounts's Portfolio
1/9/2018
Yes, I use it. I don't know about leveraging it for day trading, but for buy and hold it's great -- free trades in and out. I don't need anything fancy. Can't wait until they give me access to their web app! I also have investments in CapitalOne (formerly Sharebuilder), FolioFirst (formerly Loyal3) and Vanguard.
link
njhowie

view njhowie's Portfolio
12/2/2015
njhowie
https://support.robinhood.com/hc/en-us/articles/203583765-Broker-to-Broker-Transfers
link
M543

view M543's Portfolio
11/30/2015
M543
Where do you have the bulk of your savings invested now?
link
dibidend

view dibidend's Portfolio
11/20/2015
dibidend
I am wondering because I (Mrs.) am fairly new to investing and would like to tryout Robinhood considering there are no trading fees. I was wondering if I do decided later on to go with another brocker, is it possible to transfer out in kind (stocks) to another broker instead of having to liquidate the assets?

I know it's not possible to transfer from let's say e*trade to Robinhood, but can it be done the other way Robinhood to e*trade? I saw in the fee section they had a 75$ ACAT fee... doesn't that mean transferring out in kind?
link