Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version. dismiss

HomeGeneral

Anything related to NetworthShare, finance, investing, etc.

Somebody's now worth a cool million! 

azphx1972

view azphx1972's Portfolio
7/31/2017
azphx1972
Nice.

beer
link
wantabeamillionaire

view wantabeamillionaire's Portfolio
7/29/2017
Can't believe it but I am up to $1.125M. Compounding is brilliant. Not getting cocky howie.
link
girlnextdoor

view girlnextdoor's Portfolio
3/27/2017
girlnextdoor
Congratulations!
link
njhowie

view njhowie's Portfolio
3/18/2017
njhowie
It is.

I think what you'll find is that going forward, beyond maybe the immediate future, you'll pay less attention to it as the big milestone has been reached. Now it's just a matter of sticking with your good habits. For savings/investment, compounding becomes a bigger source of growth and so that makes things "easier" going forward.

Now, let me toss out some wisdom which you should keep in the back of your mind...DON'T GET COCKY! As you've experienced all the hard work to reach this milestone, being cocky can make it disappear extremely quickly. I won't go into all the ways it can happen, you're smart enough to figure those out - just keep it in mind, and when you're going to spend or invest a significant amount, just say to yourself "Let me think about this for an extra minute...I remember when njhowie said DON'T GET COCKY".
link
wantabeamillionaire

3/17/2017
Thanks all. The first one is always the hardest, right?
link
M543

view M543's Portfolio
3/17/2017
M543
Well done. Keep it up!
link
JC

view JC's Portfolio
3/17/2017
JC
Congrats and great job!
link
admin
Administrator

view admin's Portfolio
3/11/2017
admin
Administrator
We've updated your username; AboutToBeAMultiMillionaire wink
In all seriousness, congratulations, well done!
link
licid9

view licid9's Portfolio
3/10/2017
licid9
And you have to update your profile "About me" segment =0)
link
licid9

view licid9's Portfolio
3/10/2017
licid9
CONGRATS! That is awesome work! LOL -- I guess you surpassed your username, but it is now a "keepsake" for your future =)
link
wantabeamillionaire

3/4/2017
WOW!!! Yes, Yes, yes, YES. We made it to a million lover! Whoa hoo. I am thrilled with our dedication over the years. Thanks NetworthIQ community for giving us the motivation by answering questions, encouraging us and allowing us to compete with your profile. Thank you NetworthShare for keeping this going. Your site is great and your work is important. Our stretch target is $4M (should I change my name?) so there is much work still left but the 1st mil is in the books, baby!
link