Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version. dismiss

HomeGeneral

Anything related to NetworthShare, finance, investing, etc.

NetWorthIQ has been discontinued 

admin
Administrator

view admin's Portfolio
3/3/2020
admin
Administrator
I'm not sure if I'll be able to snag it or not, but I'll definitely try.
Thanks for the heads up!

njhowie wrote:
admin - networthiq.com domain name is up for renewal in 2 weeks - if they don't renew, maybe you can snag it.

https://www.whois.com/whois/networthiq.com
link
njhowie

view njhowie's Portfolio
3/2/2020
njhowie
admin - networthiq.com domain name is up for renewal in 2 weeks - if they don't renew, maybe you can snag it.

https://www.whois.com/whois/networthiq.com
link
ba70

view ba70's Portfolio
1/1/2020
ba70
I've had an account here on NetWorthShare for a while, but couldn't let go of networthiq, despite the shortcoming of their site maintenance. Alas, there's no denying that they are gone now.

I have to give serious kudos to NetWorthShare for keeping the concept alive, and continuing to improve the site. It's much improved from when I first joined. I look forward to adding my monthly update here for years to come.
link
arebelspy

view arebelspy's Portfolio
12/16/2019
arebelspy
kinless wrote:
Admittedly I had been updating both NetworthIQ and NetworthShare with identical stats

I've been doing both for the last 4.5 years as well.

Thank goodness for NetworthShare.

I just wish their graph was as good as NetworthIQ. I always saved the monthly graph, and then I'd combine them in an animated gif, like so:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v65/arebelspy/Travel%20Pics%20for%20MMM/NW-April2011-Dec2016_zpsr99mhoow.gif

Would be really nice if NWShare also had a net worth image each month that added onto the previous (rather than showing just the last 4 months or whatever it does).
link
licid9

view licid9's Portfolio
12/2/2019
licid9
Pretty sure it is down forever - when you visit the site now:
"NetwothIQ has been discontinued and all data has been deleted, according to data protection and privacy standards. Thank you for have been a user of this free services."
link
retireby50

view retireby50's Portfolio
11/1/2019
retireby50
networthiq will always have a special place in my heart. It has helped to keep me focused on my financial goals. Once it started acting weird about 18 months ago, I found this site and was making duplicate entries just in case networthiq ever went down.
link
girlnextdoor

view girlnextdoor's Portfolio
10/22/2019
girlnextdoor
@ZenFinance I read r/financialindependence now and then but have never created an account to start commenting.

Honestly, I feel like the community there puts too much emphasis on "retire early," which I'm not particularly interested in. My goal is financial independence and therefore the option of choosing not to work, but I'm not counting down the months (or years) until I can stop working. I actually like working, and my husband does creative work and has no intention of ever fully retiring.

Then again we are currently mid-30s, so who knows how we will feel 15-20 years from now. But I expect we'll be FI by mid-40s if we want do a simple lifestyle or mid-50s with a pretty comfortable lifestyle, so its' probably irrelevant.
link
UTex08

view UTex08's Portfolio
10/16/2019
UTex08
Looks like it's back up and running. New ownership?
link
ZenFinance

view ZenFinance's Portfolio
10/3/2019
ZenFinance
Sad to see this day finally here! I switched over the week Networth Share opened and couldn't be happier. I started tracking my stats on NWIQ in 2010 when I was 29 and almost 10 years have passed, I don't know if I would be a cool $1M wealthier had it not been for these innovative sites and communities.

Does anyone else use r/financialindependence on reddit?
link
admin
Administrator

view admin's Portfolio
10/2/2019
admin
Administrator
Wow, the day has finally come!

I've been waiting to see if they'd shut the doors, or relaunch with a brand new website. I suspected the former because, well let's be honest, it's not a money maker. The writing was on the wall when they failed to renew their SSL certificate.

I have reached out to them, so we'll see smile
link
kinless

view kinless's Portfolio
10/2/2019
kinless
Well I'm not surprised this has happened, but going to the 'ol NetWorth IQ website this evening is now showing the following message:

"NetwothIQ [sic] has been discontinued and all data has been deleted, according to data protection and privacy standards. Thank you for have been a user of this free services."

Admittedly I had been updating both NetworthIQ and NetworthShare with identical stats, with the one-in-a-googolplex chance the legacy site would be resurrected. But man that stinks for the dedicated few who were caught off guard with no warning and not able to capture their data before the site shut down.

Thanks again to the NetworthShare team who's allowed us to continue this monthly routine and keep our visual progress alive! Chris, maybe you can purchase the NetWorthIQ domain and re-direct it here, I'm sure there's a lot of old links out there that would direct traffic to this site.

~j
link