Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version. dismiss

HomeGeneral

Anything related to NetworthShare, finance, investing, etc.

Facebook account login stopped working 

admin
Administrator

view admin's Portfolio
7/7/2020
admin
Administrator
Just wanted to close the loop on this, now that it's fixed...
Some NetworthShare users' email addresses were being blocked by our email provider so we added a secondary provider to handle those accounts.

Sorry for the disruption!
link
admin
Administrator

view admin's Portfolio
7/6/2020
admin
Administrator
jdpohl6 wrote:
Any update on this? I haven't been able to get into my account for months. I created a new one, and it won't send me the confirmation link either. I am a little frustrated that I can't get into my old Facebook account, and I can't even do anything in the account I created in April. Can someone please help export my data, either email it to me, or help get me logged into either of my two accounts?

Hi jdpohl6 - I'm sorry our site is giving you issues. I know I looked into this back in April I thought it was all straightened out. Let me do some quick digging to see what's going on with your account & I'll get back to you shortly.
--Chris
link
jdpohl6

view jdpohl6's Portfolio
7/6/2020
jdpohl6
Any update on this? I haven't been able to get into my account for months. I created a new one, and it won't send me the confirmation link either. I am a little frustrated that I can't get into my old Facebook account, and I can't even do anything in the account I created in April. Can someone please help export my data, either email it to me, or help get me logged into either of my two accounts?
link
jdpohl6

view jdpohl6's Portfolio
4/6/2020
jdpohl6
I had the same thing happen to me as LogicRising1. Would it be possible to transfer everything from my old account <redacted by admin> to this one? I can't get the email to recover my password to be sent for my original account.
link
licid9

view licid9's Portfolio
2/22/2020
licid9
Appreciate the walk through there LogicRising.
I don't use Facebook login for this account, but I have used it for others and apparently the email I used back in 2005 for FB was different than my primary email used today (go figure LOL).
link
LogicRising

view LogicRising's Portfolio
2/9/2020
LogicRising
Nevermind. The NetworthShare confirmation email was going to the non-primary email on from my FB account.

If anyone else has trouble receiving account reset emails of their NetworthShare facebook conduit accounts, go to the General Account settings page on your facebook account and click the Edit button next to the contact email address.

In my case, the expanded edit page contained a second email address that I haven't used about a decade. I managed to access it, and the NetworthShare email was sitting in that inbox.
edited by LogicRising on 2/9/2020
edited by LogicRising on 2/9/2020
link
LogicRising1

view LogicRising1's Portfolio
2/9/2020
LogicRising1
Thanks for the response.

Unfortunately, now that I've created this new account tied to the same email address, the password reset email is generated for this one rather than the one I am trying to regain access to (LogicRising). I have verified the email address on my facebook account is the same.

If all of the information from my other account could be transferred to this one, that would be acceptable to me - unless there is other magic you can work.
link
admin
Administrator

view admin's Portfolio
2/4/2020
admin
Administrator
Hi LogicRising,

When I first launched this site I wanted to make it easier for people to login. I certainly don't like having to login to every site I visit, and having a social login makes that much easier. 6 years ago we started out with Facebook/Google+/Twitter/Microsoft login options.

Facebook and Google Plus were the only two providers that had a significant number of users, so we removed Microsoft/Twitter. Google closed the doors on Google+, so we removed that one as well.

That left us with Facebook which has been in place since the beginning. The only information we request from Facebook is your email address, which we only use to send emails, password resets, etc.

While *we* don't use your information for anything else, Facebook does. This is true of any site that Facebook has their hooks into; it's how they make money.
As an individual, I disagree with some of Facebook's business practices; I don't want to be associated with them, and I certainly don't want them making money from users on this site solely because I offered a social login option.

With that, we removed the login option. I know this may come with some frustration for NetworthShare users. If you're used to logging in with a Facebook login (as I normally did as well), you can hit the Password Reset link on our login page. We'll send you an email where you can set your own password.

We should have sent out an email/posting to those users affected by this, and for that I do apologize. We'll do better!
link
LogicRising1

view LogicRising1's Portfolio
2/2/2020
LogicRising1
Hey,

The Facebook login option on my main account (LogicRising) stopped working about a week ago. It gives me a 404 error when I click the Facebook login button.
link