Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version. dismiss

HomeGeneral

Anything related to NetworthShare, finance, investing, etc.

Looking for a few volunteers... 

licid9

view licid9's Portfolio
4/6/2021
licid9
Thanks Chris.
I fiddled around with it and it looks great, but I was hesitant to change (customize) my categories (just yet) as I didn't want to create new line items that didn't match old line items. I'll get over that hurdle eventually and move forward with the upgrade and report back.
THANKS AGAIN!!!
link
admin
Administrator

view admin's Portfolio
4/2/2021
admin
Administrator
Excellent!

I *just* opened that up for everyone a few minutes prior to you logging in smile

gammj wrote:
Just noticed I could change all the entries in various ways today. It works great! Now I don't have put assets under categories that they don't necessarily match with explanations below them.
edited by gammj on 4/2/2021
link
gammj

view gammj's Portfolio
4/2/2021
gammj
Just noticed I could change all the entries in various ways today. It works great! Now I don't have put assets under categories that they don't necessarily match with explanations below them.
edited by gammj on 4/2/2021
link
azphx1972

view azphx1972's Portfolio
4/1/2021
azphx1972
Just added my first entry with the new options and it looks good so far (although my finances are fairly simple). Thanks! smile
link
admin
Administrator

view admin's Portfolio
3/1/2021
admin
Administrator
I enabled this feature for you three. Try it out & let me know (here, PM, email, carrier pigeon) and let me know the good/bad/ugly!

@kinless - I haven't thought about sub-categories like that, but that's certainly an interesting idea. It'd certainly be a chunk of work to support that, but the backend work we already did to support custom categories would go a long way towards this effort. Let me noodle on that one a bit!

Thanks,
Chris
link
Citadel

view Citadel's Portfolio
2/28/2021
Citadel
I'll try it out!
link
azphx1972

view azphx1972's Portfolio
2/27/2021
azphx1972
I volunteer as tribute. smile
link
kinless

view kinless's Portfolio
2/27/2021
kinless
I'll give custom categories a whirl. smile

Would it be possible to create/add custom sub-categories (for example, "Checking", "Savings", "CDs", "Emergency Fund" as children of the Cash category)? This way users could view more fine-grained percentages of each sub-category, while still being able to see birds-eye percentages of the main categories.

I know that complicates things on the back-end and admittedly many people probably wouldn't utilize, but it's something I would personally love to have so thought I'd just float the idea out there.
link
admin
Administrator

view admin's Portfolio
2/19/2021
admin
Administrator
We've been testing out some custom Asset/Debt categories and would like a few people to try it out and give us feedback on what you like, don't like, how to make it better, bugs, etc.
If you'd like to give it a try, just drop a reply in here and we'll get you setup!

When you have the feature enabled, you'll see a little wrench icon when creating/editing entries like this:

Thanks!
Chris
link