Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version. dismiss

HomeGeneral

Anything related to NetworthShare, finance, investing, etc.

RSUs and NW 

labangel

view labangel's Portfolio
3/3/2021
labangel
Congrats on vesting! I leave mine out of NW until they vest.
link
girlnextdoor

view girlnextdoor's Portfolio
3/3/2021
girlnextdoor
In 2019 I started working for a company that offers RSUs. In 2020 I received them for the first time, and they're on a three year vesting schedule with 1/3 of the total vesting each year. So later this month, I'll have a small amount vested.

For the past year I've ignored these in NW calculations, partly because the amounts are small and partly because I realize they're technically not worth anything until they've vested. However, now that I've been here another year and I'll find out how much I get from last year's performance soon, I'm wondering if anyone else tracks these differently. Realistically if I were to leave my job I'd probably use the RSUs I'm leaving behind in salary/benefit negotiations. So they'll be worth something eventually, whether paid out by vesting or not. I'll probably continue leaving them out of NW until vested, but am interested in hearing other opinions.

How do you handle RSUs (or pension, or any other benefit that's technically not 100% guaranteed but that you expect to have some value from in the future)?
link