Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version. dismiss

HomeGeneral

Anything related to NetworthShare, finance, investing, etc.

Requested Feature 

azphx1972

view azphx1972's Portfolio
9/1/2021
azphx1972
Good idea! There can be a big difference between average and median net worth. Big Grin

Also, the old NWIQ site had an option to filter by state, which might be helpful as well since cost of living can vary greatly from state to state.

Loving this site, and thanks for all your hard work! Cool
link
admin
Administrator

view admin's Portfolio
8/31/2021
admin
Administrator
gramity wrote:
When you are viewing your profile, there is a range from minimum to maximum for your age, occupation, education, etc. I like getting an understanding of how I would compare in these categories. However, there are definitely extreme outliers in each category for people who have amassed a gigantic net worth. There is no way to see how you compare to your peers once outliers are removed.

Would it be possible for these ranges to be shown on a bell curve (normal distribution) with your position on that curve highlighted? That would be the solution.

Please and thank you, Admin(s)!

Okay, so it's not just me? smile
That little area has nagged me for a long time...ever since we deployed it, to be honest!

I've been kicking around median/mode/standard deviations/bell curves/something totally different for a while, but haven't had a ton of time to dedicate.
I definitely have plans to change up that section, and am absolutely open to ideas like yours.
I'll see what I can do!
link
gramity

view gramity's Portfolio
8/31/2021
gramity
When you are viewing your profile, there is a range from minimum to maximum for your age, occupation, education, etc. I like getting an understanding of how I would compare in these categories. However, there are definitely extreme outliers in each category for people who have amassed a gigantic net worth. There is no way to see how you compare to your peers once outliers are removed.

Would it be possible for these ranges to be shown on a bell curve (normal distribution) with your position on that curve highlighted? That would be the solution.

Please and thank you, Admin(s)!
link