|Settling in to the new financial set up here. I honestly don't like seeing a balance of over $400K on the mortgage. I suppose seeing over $200K in cash offsets it though. Our expenses are running so high right now. With three kids 4 and under, a full time nanny and still spending big bucks do finish our home reno, it just feels like we bleed money. I miss the days of socking away $10,000+ per month into savings. But I suppose that's why you save, so later you can spend it. Better than doing it the other way around.
We are still under contract on a really unique investment property. We were supposed to close last week but there are easement issues. We may have to purchase the house for cash instead. We'll see.
"Bonds" = Business Account
"Other Assets" = Angel investments
Here are some goals:
1) Resume tithing at least 10% of gross income
2) Achieve networth of $1.2MM or greater
3) Cash position of at least 75K ***GOAL MET/June***
4) Retirement savings of at least $350K
5) Liquid N.W of at least $350K ***GOAL MET/June***
6) Home value of $1,000,000
7) SPEND MORE TIME WITH WIFE AND KIDS THIS YEAR!!! ***GOAL MET/May***|