|2017 was a great year! We met about 6.5 of our 8 goals. Pretty incredible! Thank you Lord. |
Recap of 2017 Goals:
1) Achieve a net worth of $2.5MM Fell pretty short of this one but it was a bit of a stretch goal.
2) Retirement savings over $500K ***Goal met April and generally knocked it out of the park thanks to a rising market.
3) Spend time supporting wife and taking care of kids ***Goal met June with retirement from Fire Dept, AND my wife left her big law firm to go in-house so we both made huge strides to spending more time with the family.
4) Combined Real Estate values of $2MM ***Goal met April and far exceeded our goal.
5) Purchase a multi-family property ***Goal met April and AGAIN in November. Exceeded this goal.
6) Make at least 1 more Angel Investment (total of 6) ***Goal met in December. I've decided real estate is a much better investment than speculative angel investments though we did invest in private stock in my wife's new company so technically we did meet this goal.
7) Tithe 10% to church ***I think we fell a bit short on this one, unfortunately. I've learned, the more we have the more important it is to stay generous and not hold on tightly to our money. It seems like the more you give away the more you get.
8) Average passive/Investment income of $6,500/mo gross
***Goal met for several months, far exceeded this goal as well since Nov and Dec had well over $6,000 in NET passive income.
"Bonds" = Business Account"Other Assets" = Angel investments/crowdfunding and Alternative investments